Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
SHARED by: Sarah Pachelli, Chef Consultant at Kitchen Little Cooking School
Kitchen Little’s Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect sweet treat for Valentine’s Day!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raspberries, mashed
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spelt flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together vanilla extract, canola oil, milk of choice and maple syrup.
- Slow pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- For raspberry jam: combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 tbsp sized balls of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press thumb in the center of each cookie. If dough starts to stick, wet thumb with water. Place a small amount of raspberry jam in the thumbprint.
- Bake 8-10-minutes.
- Let cool on baking rack for 5 minutes, then transfer onto wire rack.
Makes 15 cookies