Breakfast in Bed: Blueberry and Beet Pancakes
SHARED By: Kitchen Little Cooking School
Who doesn’t love breakfast in bed? Especially when it’s made using real, whole, healthy foods that don’t only taste good, but make you feel good, too. Now that’s love.
Blueberry and Beet Pancakes
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Rice Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Beets, Cooked, Peeled and Pureed.
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk rice milk, egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spray an oven-safe pan with non-stick spray and add pancake batter. Add blueberries to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.