Valentine’s Day Sweets
Spend some quality time with your little chef preparing valentine’s day sweets for all the people you love in your life!
Basic Brownie Recipe (adapted from Gwyneth Patrow’s “It’s All Good” Cookbook)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup High-Quality Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Rice Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9 x 11 inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly oil the parchment paper with neutral oil.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, maple syrup, rice milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Careful not to over beat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out with just a bit of chocolate on it.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting.
TIP: Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut brownies once they’re cooled.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 Pound (about 20) Strawberries, Washed and Dried Well
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, Melted and Tempered *
- Colored Sprinkles
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the bottom half of the strawberry in the melted chocolate.
- Dip in sprinkles.
- Allow to cool on a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
*Temper Chocolate – Melt the chocolate in a microwave or double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, slowly mix in cool chocolate chips until the chips stop melting in the chocolate.TIP: For a twist on the traditional chocolate covered strawberry, put them in the freezer for a yummy frozen sweet treat!
© 2020 Gymtime. All rights reserved.