Green Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, our green chocolate chip cookies are a healthier alternative for a yummy, festive sweet treat.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Rolled (Old-Fashioned) Oats
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Apple Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons Green Food Coloring
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, chocolate chips salt and baking powder.
- Slowly mix in the maple syrup, apple sauce, green food coloring and vegetable oil.
- Chill in a refrigerator for an hour. Scoop out cookies and place on cookie sheet at 3-inch intervals. With moistened fingers, flatten and round out the cookies a little. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Raisins are a great addition to this recipe. Add ¾ cup when you add the chocolate chips.