Ready, Set, VOTE!
SHARED by: Katherine Grier, Librarian at York Avenue Preschool
Voting for the 7th annual Children’s Choice Book Awards is now open through May 12th and you can vote here!
Launched in 2008 by the Children’s Book Council and Every Child A Reader, The Children’s Choice Book Awards program was created to provide young readers with an opportunity to voice their opinions about the books being written for them and to help develop a reading list that will motivate children to read more and cultivate a love of reading.
This year’s nominees include some terrific books (a few of which I have blogged about here). If any are favorites in your home, why not take a few minutes to go online and vote for them with your children. It is a fun activity to do together and a great way to get your children to express what they like or don’t like about what they are reading.
Kindergarten to Second Grade Book Selection:
- “The Day the Crayons Quit” by Drew Daywalt, illustrated by Oliver Jeffers (Philomel)
- “Mustache Baby” by Bridget Heos, illustrated by Joy Ang (Clarion/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- “Alphabet Trucks” by Samantha R. Vamos, illustrated by Ryan O’Rourke (Charlesbridge)
- “Bear and Bee” by Sergio Ruzzier (Disney/Hyperion)
- “Chamelia and the New Kid in Class” by Ethan Long (Little, Brown)