Kitchen Little Recipe: Oatmeal Cream Pies
Who doesn’t love an Oatmeal Cream Pie? Gooey, soft and sweet, this delicious treat makes for the perfect winter dessert!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups Fluff
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies:
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients (minus oats) and stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 mins.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer (or a strong arm and spatula!) until combined.
- When cookies are cool, sandwich two cookies with about a tablespoon of the marshmallow cream. Try adding a few tablespoons of peanut butter for a fun take on a fluffernutter sandwich!