Kitchen Little Recipe: Oatmeal Cream Pies
SHARED by: Diana Arizpe, Chef and Educator at Kitchen Little Cooking School
Who doesn’t love an Oatmeal Cream Pie? Gooey, soft and sweet, this delicious treat makes for the perfect winter dessert!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups Fluff
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies:
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients (minus oats) and stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 mins.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer (or a strong arm and spatula!) until combined.
- When cookies are cool, sandwich two cookies with about a tablespoon of the marshmallow cream. Try adding a few tablespoons of peanut butter for a fun take on a fluffernutter sandwich!