Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
This Red Velvet Crinkle Cut cookie recipe is too good not to pass up! Cooking with kids in the kitchen is even more sweet with a recipe like this!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix with a rubber spatula and set aside.
- Mix butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer.
- Add sugar to the bowl. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, red food coloring and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour-cocoa mixture in two batches and mix with rubber spatula until incorporated. Refrigerate cookie dough for 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out dough and roll into balls. Roll in powdered sugar until it’s completely covered. Bake on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for about 9 to 10 minutes. Pull parchment paper from baking sheet with cookies and place on wire cooling racks. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.