Get in the Halloween spirit with a fun and simple art project that requires minimal supplies and encourages maximum creativity.
What You’ll Need:
- Construction Paper
- Tempera Paint – variety of colors
- Googly Eyes
- Felt Pieces
- Additional objects to decorate: feathers, glitter, pipe cleaners
- Fold your piece of construction paper in half to create a crease, then reopen it.
2. Take your paintbrush with some paint and splatter the paint onto paper. (try not to overdo it with the paint, as it can cause the paper to get wet and tear)
3. Fold the paper in half and SMUSH the paint around.
4. Gently open the paper to reveal a color explosion and unique, symmetrical shape!
5. Using your materials for decorating, create your very own monster face! A great book to pair with this activity and lend some inspiration is one of our favorites, Glad Monster, Sad Monster.
Get messy and have fun creating! Remember, it’s process not product that’s important!