Kitchen Little Recipe: Cheesy Corn Bread Muffins
With Thanksgiving this week, we’re exploring recipes that even the smallest hands can help with. If you involve your child in the process of preparing the Thanksgiving meal, they will feel more connected (and proud) of what they helped create. At Kitchen Little Cooking School, we are dedicated to creating recipes that are simple enough for a child (with some light assistance from you) and tasty enough for the whole family. These Cheesy Corn Bread muffins are the perfect side dish to add to your holiday feast!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 box cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Frozen yellow corn, thawed (roasted is a nice touch if you have time!)
- 1 cup chives, chopped finely
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch of garlic powder and chilli powder *optional*
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together cream cheese, milk, cheddar and egg.
- Add in Cornbread Mix, corn, spices if using, and chives. Mix together well.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Fill muffin tins ¾ full with mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until muffins are golden and cooked through.