Honey Blueberry Toast
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, plus a few for garnish
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 big blocks), room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon water
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Mint leaves for garnish
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Rinse and drain the blueberries. Place them in a small saucepan with the granulated sugar and the water. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook for about three minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a heat-safe bowl to cool. You may place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once the sauce has cooled, place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whip the cream cheese for one minute. Add the sauce a little at a time until it is thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the bowl to ensure that you have no white stripes. Add the confectioners’ sugar and continue to mix until it is thoroughly combined with the cream cheese.
- Transfer the blueberry cream cheese to a serving dish. Cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Spread cream cheese on toast. Garnish with fresh blueberries and mint. Drizzle honey.