Recipes from Kitchen Little: Beet Brownies
We’re all about balance – and in the kitchen, this means adding some veggies into your sweet treats. This week, we’re mixing beets into our brownies! Beets are a great addition to certain desserts as they add moisture and sweetness while adding fiber and vitamin C.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Pureed Beets
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and honey.
3. Add pureed beets, vanilla and eggs. Then mix.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour and baking soda. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour the batter into a 9×9 baking pan or mini muffin tin and bake for about 35-40 minutes.