Kitchen Little Recipe: Soft Nugget Pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil for pan
- Water for pretzels – (10 cups and 1 cup baking soda)
- 1 large egg yolk beaten, combined with 1 tbsp water
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- For dough – combine warm water and yeast and set aside to dissolve.
- In a mixing bowl, use a dough hook to mix flour, salt and sugar on low speed. Add in yeast mixture and butter. Mix until the dough has formed. Set aside in a warm spot for 15-20 minutes.
- To make pretzels: turn the dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface and pinch off nugget sized pieces (about 2 inches) and roll into shape.
- Pretzel water: bring 10 cups of water and baking soda to a rolling boil.
- Pretzelize it! Place the pretzels into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove them from the water using a large, flat, slotted spoon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden “pretzel” brown.