Kitchen Little Recipe: Orange Marmalade Pop Tarts
A delicious and easy recipe from Kitchen Little Cooking School!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 sheets store bought or homemade pie dough.
- ¼ cup orange marmalade or thick jam.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Place defrosted pie dough onto counter top and cut into 8 equal size squares. (This will make 4 pop tarts)
- Place 1 tablespoon of marmalade into the center of 4 squares.
- Mix beaten egg and water to create egg wash. Brush egg wash onto edges of squares.
- Place the 4 reserved squares on top of marmalade. Use a fork to “crimp seal” the edges of the assembled pop tarts.
- Brush egg wash onto the tops of pop tarts as well.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
NOTES: You can freeze these pop tarts for 2 weeks and place them in a toaster to warm up before breakfast!