Kitchen Little Recipe: Apple Cobbler
A favorite in the Gymtime’s Kitchen Little Kitchen, our Apple Cobbler is a great recipe to do with kids and then enjoy with the whole family.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4 Apples (Fuji, Gala, or Granny Smith), sliced
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Butter, cold and diced
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- large pinch of Salt
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle lemon juice over exposed flesh of apple.
- Add the rest of the Apple Filling ingredients and stir until combined.
- In another medium bowl combine the flour, oats, maple syrup, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Scoop the apple filling into the bottom of a large baking dish. Add granola on top.
- Bake until the top is golden and the apples are tender, about 35-40 minutes.