Kitchen Little Recipe: Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
Ready to get baking? We’ve added a twist to Kitchen Little’s traditional chocolate cupcake recipe and added stuffing!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Egg
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Your favorite stuffing ingredient (we used berries!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the vegetable oil and water over low heat.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the melted butter mixture and beat with a handheld mixer at low speed until smooth. Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then add buttermilk and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl. Pour batter into lined muffin tins, filling them about ¾ full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, until springy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool slightly, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- Take a wooden spoon handle to create a hole (go ¾ of the way down). Then stuff with your favorite stuffing ingredient.
- Frost and top the cupcakes as desired.