Art Project: Balloon Painting
SHARED by: Jessica Hayward, Director of Art and PEP
Painting with non-traditional tools (i.e. paintbrush) is always a fun way to mix up an art project and expand your child’s imagination.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Water Ballon (they easily fit into a child’s hand)
- Construction Paper
- Tempera Paint (in bright colors for spring!)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Blow up 2-3 water balloons with air (not water).
- Put paint in trays, either keeping them completely separate or squirting a couple of different colors on one tray to encourage mixing.
- Dip the balloon into the paint and blot or drag across the paper.
- Hang in your house to brighten up your walls all spring and summer!