Kitchen Little Recipe: Zucchini Bread
Cooking with kids has more benefits than you might think. The stirring, mixing and scooping is an excellent sensory activity, while measuring can help with math practice. Chef Jewel and her daughter whipped up some delicious zucchini bread. You can make them in a loaf pan or put them in a muffin tins for individualized portions. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 Eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cups grated Zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Grease and flour an 8 x 4 inch pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans. Add dried cranberries if using.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool. Enjoy!