When you need something different from your typical avocado toast, the Kitchen Little has cooked up the perfect Italian-theme Tomato Toast. One bite and you’ll be hooked!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10 ounces multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 5 basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 8 slices of country bread, cut 1/4-inch thick and toasted
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until bursting and lightly caramelized. Transfer to a bowl and tear in basil.
- Spread the ricotta on the toasts and top with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Serve immediately.